Family Visa


Carer Visa Subclass 116

You can immigrate to Australia permanently with the Carer Visa (Subclass 116) if you want to take care of a family member or friend who has a chronic medical condition. It must be impossible for them to obtain appropriate care in Australia. If you reside OUTSIDE of Australia, you must submit an application for the Carer Visa (Subclass 116).

The sponsored relative or family member who resides with the carer must be able to and willing to receive continuing, significant care from them. The holder of the Carer Visa (Subclass 116) must be able to show that they are aware of the medical condition and specific requirements of the sponsor.

Cost of application

The fee to apply for this visa is: AUD 1,880.00

Duration of visa

The processing time for this visa will be approximately 7 years.


In order to qualify for the Carer Visa (Subclass 116):


  • You must be sponsored by a sponsor who qualifies and whose sponsorship has the Australian Government's approval.

  • You must meet the appropriate health requirements, as well as those of your qualified family members.

  • Not owe any money to the Australian government.

  • You must sign the Australian Values Statement.

  • If you're a minor, you must demonstrate that it's in your best interests.


Explore with us?

View Details
contact us