Family Visa


Child Visa Subclass 101 (applying offshore)

This visa allows holders of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) in the Business Innovation stream to extend their stay in Australia for 2 more years.


Visa type



Cost of Application

From AUD755 (see ’cost’ below for additional information)



Applicants must meet the following requirements-


  • Be dependent on their parent who is an Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent visa holder.
  • Be sponsored by an eligible parent or their parent's spouse or de facto partner.
  • Be 18 & above and under 25 studying full-time or over 18 with a disability (see 'age requirements’ below for additional information)
  • The child cannot be or ever have been married or engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship.
  • Meet the  health requirement
  • Meet the character requirement
  • Pay debts to the Australian Government
  • Sign the Australian Values Statement
  • Have consent to migrate to Australia
  • Be in the best interests of the child
  • For sponsors: be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • For sponsors: be the child’s parent or their parent's current spouse or de facto partner
  • For sponsors: be aged 18 years or older


Age Requirements

The child must be either:

  • under 18 years old, or

  • over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time, or

  • over 18 years with a disability


If the child is over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time


If the child is over 18 and under 25 years old they:


  • must be a full-time student when they apply and when the visa application is decided

  • can't work full time

  • must be financially dependent on their parent(s) more than any other person


The child is a full-time student if they are:


  • enrolled in a full-time course that leads to a professional, trade, or vocational qualification

  • attending classes


The child should have started studying after turning 18 years of age or within six months (or a reasonable time) of finishing school. Guardians must explain any gaps of more than six months between their final year of school and the start of their further studies.


If the child is over 18 years with a disability


If the child is 18 years or older with a disability, they:


  • must have totally or partially lost their bodily or mental functions

  • can't work full time


Explore with us?

View Details
contact us