Family Visa


Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 173)

Parents of settled Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or qualifying New Zealand citizens may stay in Australia temporarily with this visa. This is a short-term visa. You may stay in Australia for up to two years with this visa. In Australia, you are permitted to work and study, but you will not be given financial aid. A permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) may be requested if desired. You must be supported by a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealander who is a child of an eligible sponsor.


You need to comply with all visa requirements, the balance-of-family test, and Australian law. When requesting this visa, you must not already be in possession of or have applied for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa. You can sign up for Australia's Medicare public health insurance programme The day you enter Australia after receiving your visa is the beginning of the visa period. We are here to help you to apply for this  visa whether you are inside or outside of Australia.

Cost of application

The fee to apply for this visa is: AUD 32,065.00

Duration of visa

The processing time for this visa will be approximately 12 years.


Explore with us?

View Details
contact us