Study Visa


Temporary graduate Visa (Subclass 485)

You must be under the age of 50 to be eligible for a visa. You must have an active visa. You must have recently obtained a student visa. When applying for a visa, you must have a recent degree from a CRICOS-registered course and can only nominate one stream. A short-term visa that allows overseas students to continue living, learning, and working after their academic pursuits are done.



Occupation nomination and skills assessment requirements - Graduate Work stream



Applications submitted under the Graduate Workstream after July 1, 2023, must have a qualification related to a job on the list of skilled occupations. Additionally, they require an evaluation of their occupational skills.

These criteria no longer apply to applications submitted between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.


Extended post-study work rights for select degrees – Post-Study Work stream


Some Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visas in the Post-Study work stream will have their stay extended by two years. As 1 July 2023 approaches, the application procedure will be addressed in greater depth. 


Graduate Work Stream (Subclass 485)


This visa is designed for recent graduates from overseas schools who have the expertise and qualifications required to work in Australia. It allows for temporary residency, work, and education in Australia. Graduates affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions can now apply for and get a Temporary Graduate visa outside of Australia; however, they must currently have an eligible Student visa. You must be qualified for one of the skilled occupations on the list. This is not necessary for applications received between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. You are invited to bring along your family. In most cases, you can stay for up to 18 months.



The fee to apply for this visa is:  AUD 1,730.00

The processing time for this visa will be approximately 79 Days.


Post-Study Work Stream (Subclass 485)

This visa is available to international students who have just graduated from an Australian university. You can temporarily live, work, and study in Australia.

On February 22, 2023, the Australian Government announced the credentials that will be considered for a longer post-study "stay and work" term. It was announced in late 2022 that post-study work privileges will be expanded. The list of relevant degrees has now been made public based on comments given to the government by a group of industry experts. 

The post-study "stay and work" length for qualifying graduates with those qualifications will be increased as follows under the Temporary Graduate Work Visa (subclass 485): 


  • Bachelor's degree holders must now wait four years instead of two.

  • Graduates with a master's degree must now wait five years instead of three.

  • Doctoral graduates must now wait six years rather than four.

The fee to apply for this visa is:  AUD 1,730.00

The processing time for this visa will be approximately 6 months.


Second Post-Study Work Stream (Subclass 485)

This visa is accessible to persons who possess a Temporary Graduate visa (first Post-Study Work stream or Replacement stream) and have a degree from an Australian university in a regional location. You can live, work, and study in Australia temporarily. You must find your own work while on this visa. You must be 50 years old or under to qualify for the Visa.


You must be present in Australia and have either a Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream, a Temporary Graduate visa in the replacement stream, or both when applying for this visa. You obtained your first Temporary Graduate visa with a degree in a CRICOS-registered course from a college or university in an eligible defined regional area. You must have lived in an eligible designated regional area for at least two years before applying for the second Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream.

When you apply, you must provide proof of adequate health insurance for each candidate.


The fee to apply for this visa is:  AUD 680.00


Explore with us?

View Details
contact us